Diamond jewellery is both a precious and powerful commodity. They can symbolise friendship and commitment towards people and their partners. Becoming knowledgeable with diamonds may seem overwhelming at first, but it’s really not as complex as it seems. It’s all about knowing the different characteristics that these gems have and how to address them.
There are certain things to look for when it comes to diamond jewellery. A good starting point is to understand the characteristics of a diamond:
• Shape: its visual shape such as round, princess, oval, pear, marquise, heart or trilliant
• Cut: its reflective dimensions and overall brilliance
• Colour: its hue or degree to which it lacks colour
• Clarity: its ‘cleanliness’ or existence of imperfections
• Carat: its weight, which is often associated with its size
Knowing all about diamond jewellery can easily be verified as both a science and an art. Let it be known, that being knowledgeable about these stones can have a myriad of benefits. However, knowing about diamonds can only go so far if you don’t know how to place your trust in quality hands. In order to do this, you need to be able to seek out qualified jewellers and appraisers.
Our jewellers at Daniella are accredited to guide you through the process of choosing a diamond and assisting you on your next purchase of a special piece of diamond jewellery.